Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Utah Family Reunion

Back at the beginning of August Jackson and I drove out to Idaho/Utah with my mom. We were going to a family reunion but decided to leave early so my mom could drive down memory lane in Burley, Idaho and so I could visit some friends in Utah. It was a great trip but too much driving. By the time we got back home Jackson was almost frantic to be out of the carseat. 

We killed a little time at the mall and Jackson was so glad to be held that he fell asleep.
He's so cute.

My brother's family came from Arizona and we got to hang out the day before the reunion.
Cute Macey enjoyed her ice cream cone.

Parker & Caleb enjoying their tour of BYU.
We went to the Pendulum Court where Laura used to make the most delicious lunches.

I was so excited to go to BYU for a wrap I used to get on Friday afternoons (it was how I treated myself) but they don't make it anymore. I was sad but able to console myself with warm wheat bread, honey butter, and chocolate milk.

Parker patiently waiting for his mom to run an errand...

And Caleb patiently waiting...

Miss Macey had a birthday that weekend so we had a little party for her the day before.
How cute are these cupcakes?!

In the afternoon we went swimming at the Lehi Rec Center and it was so fun. I haven't been swimming in a long time but this was a good way to start. Those kids LOVE to be in the water. We went down the slides numerous times.

While Grandpa took pictures of us Jackson stayed with Grandma. However, he did manage to poop all over my towel. Thanks!

The Bain representation at the reunion. 
Back row: Mom, Dad, Cecilie, Jackson, Jenny, Eric
Front row: Caleb, Parker, Maren, Macey

Scott was planning to come but his grandma passed away and her funeral was that afternoon so we had to wait to see him until the rodeo that night.

And here he is!
We debated taking Jackson to the rodeo and finally decided to do so. Our decision is summed up by the lady who sat in front of us: "I may be old fashioned but I'd never take an infant to the rodeo."
He screamed most of the time.

Here are some pictures of the rodeo for your viewing pleasure:


Grandpa and Maren
It was so warm during the day that we didn't think about it cooling down at night!



I hate the bull riding. It's so brutal.
The rodeo ended with fireworks so everyone went home happy and tired.

And this is Jackson's opinion of being in the car ONE MORE TIME.
I was worried he wouldn't forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment