Monday, June 3, 2013

Because we had nothing better to do

Scott had wrist surgery!
He's had a ganglion cyst on his wrist for years; it seems to act up and then retreat. 2.5 years ago he saw a surgeon I work with but decided not to have surgery. Lately (probably due to increased time spent on the computer writing his thesis) the cyst has become painful again so when the thesis was almost complete he mentioned the possibility of having surgery before starting work. At that point I was 36 weeks pregnant so I told him he had 5 days to have the surgery or it would be too late. He saw the surgeon on Monday afternoon and was home from surgery before lunch on Tuesday! We had it done at my work and it was fun to see everyone again. I think I look a lot bigger in regular clothes than in scrubs so they were surprised at how much I had grown!
This is the only picture I have of surgery day. Scott needed to keep his arm elevated but insisted on doing it in the most annoying way possible... We now look like quite the duo: Scott with his wrist splinted and me hugely pregnant!

By the way: today is my due date and I'm still pregnant...

1 comment:

  1. Don't punch me in the throat for saying this, but you won't be pregnant forever! One way or another, you'll have a baby in your arms by Friday at the LATEST, and then you'll never sleep again! :)

    ReplyDelete