Monday, May 27, 2013

WOSC Baby Shower

The first Monday in May my work threw us a cute baby shower. Scott even came!
They had delicious treats and great decorations.

They also gave us some great gifts, one of them being this pack'n'play. We got it all set up in Baby's room. Speaking of his room, how do you like it? No those are not ALL his clothes, most of them are ours. His room is the closet. For the time being we can leave our clothes in there but once he's moving and grabbing things we don't want him to pull a shirt down and suffocate or anything. Don't worry, we'll clean his room out a little more before he comes.

So this party was on May 6 before my regular 36 week appt. The week before I had high blood pressure and a headache so I went to the hospital for some monitoring and testing to make sure I didn't have preeclampsia. On Monday my BP was still a bit high and a protein test came back elevated so I was told to quit working! I went back to work, told the HR manager and cleaned out my locker. It was sad. I was hoping to work at least 2 more weeks. I also felt bad that they threw me a party and then I never showed back up. All this time off has given me plenty of time to accomplish my to do list. People keep telling me how great this is that I get to relax but they don't realize that I've spent HOURS on the phone with insurance companies and doing other unpleasant tasks. Don't let me complain though, I am having a nice time. It's just kind of weird to have no schedule.



No comments:

Post a Comment