Saturday, May 28, 2011

California Academy of Sciences

My sister's family moved to Santa Rosa last month so a few weeks ago Scott and I met them in San Francisco to go to the California Academy of Sciences. I'd been there once before but since it was with 'another man' Scott wanted me to replace those memories with him. It was a really fun and educational day. For instance, I learned with certainty that I will never take a young toddler/child to a museum that I pay for their entrance.
Jake, Melissa & Rushton (Melissa is scheduled to have a little girl on Wednesday so she was quite the trooper to walk around all morning.)
Rushton loved the aquarium part and wanted to see all the hands-on stations but he wasn't into the hands-on part. He liked to put his hands in the water but touching the fish was not on his agenda. They have a planetarium there but kids under 8 can't go so I volunteered to stay out with Rush since I'd seen it before. Rush wanted to run around with his shoes off and we had a good time for a while but things got a bit tense when I wouldn't let him run through the gift shop. Luckily at that moment I noticed a coloring station next door. Even better is that behind the coloring station was a play area with a huge ship. Jackpot. After that I stayed with him while everyone else rushed through the rest of the museum so we could get lunch. It was awesome.
The day was polished off by Fenton's. Seriously, delicious.

2 comments:

  1. I thought paying admittance for a toddler like paying a babysitting fee. You just let him run wild. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I know what you mean about how Scott wanted to replace that memory of you doing something with another guy, Evan is like that too.

    ReplyDelete