Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Atlanta

My mom and I went to visit my sister Laura in Atlanta and we had an awesome time. She went out there for a dietitian internship and loved it so I went to see what she liked. Everyone there is so nice and it's beautiful with all the foliage. This may be my first visit but it certainly won't be my last! Thanks WaWa!
The Atlanta temple had been remodeled so we went through the open house and it was beautiful with it's simplicity and elegance. It's 20 minutes from Laura's place so she's lucky to be able to go often.
Laura at least looks good in this picture...

The Carrolls, a couple from my mission drove up from Florida to visit me. They're are awesome and it was so good to see them again. (Laura will probably visit them over Memorial Day weekend. Lucky.) I served by them in a remote area and loved every minute of it.

We went to the World of Coke museum and it was interesting. Who knew that a soft drink was so important! They had tons of Coke bottles decorated. Can you see me standing by my favorite one? I learned that the shape/feel of a Coke bottle is patented. Interesting.

At the end of the tour you can try different Coke products from all over the world. Word to the wise, if you're going to Africa avoid the pinenut flavor. It's way too sweet! However, the pineapple is delicious and whatever they serve in Greece isn't so bad.

Laura in her office.
And Laura pretending to work.

Thanks for such a fun weekend Laura. I can't wait to come visit again!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures Cecilie! It's fun to see what Laura's up to. It looks like you all had lots of fun! Can't wait to see you all this summer!

    ReplyDelete