Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Maker Faire 2011

I've referred to my sister's family moving out to CA a few times before so now the explanation: Jake got a job with O'Reilly Media and they are based in Sebastopol, CA. It's basically his dream job. (The rockets we made at Thanksgiving were actually from their magazine.) Anyway, the other weekend they had a huge DIY exhibition with all kinds of crazy things.


Here we are as part of the cover; yes, we are a bit large for this magazine box and there was a larger box but we saw it too late...


We went with some friends and the boys were in HEAVEN. They could touch everything, play with the items, and even climb on big bikes. It was awesome. Scott and Joel were overstimulated.

Even Julie and I got in on the action a bit. This bike swing was fun but after feeling like it would tip a few times I told them that I was done. People make all sorts of crazy things.

Do you see how happy my Dad's face is? This bike contraption would swing them in a circle. After a few minutes of that Scott had to walk next to him while a worker followed my Dad out of the ride. He was a bit tipsy...

It was a really fun faire. My Dad brought his former boss and my Mom eventually showed up with Melissa and Rushton. We made quite the scene with Melissa in a wheelchair (remember, she's going to have a baby June 1) and Rushton trying to escape his stroller. We were a site.

The faire comes highly recommended so if you're in the Bay Area next May put it on your calendars!

2 comments:

  1. Fun post! Glad you guys had a good time. Now hurry back from China andcome meet my baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure my boys (including the 31 year old!) would LOVE that. I told Eric maybe we'll have to plan vacation around that next year! Looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait to hear about China!

    ReplyDelete