Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Jackson!

Jackson turned 2 on June 5. Since my due date was so close I bought his presents early and had them all wrapped and ready to go. I was concerned that I would be at the hospital with the new baby and Jackson would be with my parents for his birthday. While that plan was just fine I still wanted him to have some things from Scott and I for his birthday. 
In the end, we were home and I was feeling pretty good, all things considered.
His birthday morning we all went out to my sister's for a party.
Her daughter turned 4 the week before and had a birthday party that morning.

Jackson was totally happy celebrating someone else and playing with cousins.

Speaking of my sister, she made this adorable sign.

Jacskon was thrilled to blow out some candles on brownies.
We even had to do it again...

Sadly my dad's not looking but this is the best group picture we got.

My parents gave him a baby doll and stroller.
Since I have a new "baby" and he loves babies I'm hoping that this will help with the transition to brotherhood. Initial signs are positive!

Jackson did a great job opening gifts and wanted to play with each one immediately. While that makes him seem appreciative it also makes gift opening take forever.

this is their other book: Steam Train, Dream Train.

The night went on long enough that we finally stopped opening gifts. 
(Not that we had tons and tons, more it just took a super long time.)
In the morning he woke up to a new kitchen!

He was happiest dumping out all the food.
(I'm proud of myself for finding this free on Craigslist and cleaning it up.)

On Sunday I made Jackson a train cake.
(Scott was left unattended on Amazon at 5am one morning...)

Jackson could not have been happier to see a train cake.
It almost rivaled his brownies with candles.
He actually ate the brownies though...

Sunday afternoon we had a small little get together with some nearby friends.
It would have been fun to have a party for Jackson with more friends
but I still needed more time to recover.

Happy birthday Jackson!
You are the silliest, rowdiest, and most lovable toddler I know!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're a pretty good mom to work that hard to celebrate a 2-year old's birthday right after you've had a baby. Jackson's face is so cute when you are showing him the train cake.

    ReplyDelete