Wednesday, December 10, 2014

London: Churchill War Rooms, Kensington Palace & Beyond!

Big Ben is beautiful from every direction and in every weather!

London's weather seems bipolar: it would rain and moments later be beautiful.
Or it would be beautiful while raining. We loved it.

I think we're on Wednesday now...
In the morning we went to the Churchill War Rooms and it was amazing.
They basically locked the rooms when WWII ended so it's been essentially preserved.
We got a fascinating look into how tight quarters the working area was.

Afterwards we went to a rather lackluster Florence Nightingale Museum (don't bother).

And (I think this is out of order) we went to Platform 9 3/4 at the Kings Street Crossing station.
I know, you're stunned to learn that we're huge Harry Potter fans.

We're not but after some confusion I did feel committed to seeing every Harry Potter site I could.
Stay tuned for that reason...

Certainly out of order but we also saw the Charles Dickens Museum.
It was nice.
(We got a London Pass for 3 days and tried to visit everywhere it covered: hence Nightingale, Dickens and a few other museums.)

The Waffelmeister was a happy to deliver a tasty treat.
Belgium waffles with strawberries, whip cream, and chocolate drizzle.

At some point in all of our mixed up travels we also visited the HMS Belfast.
This was also part of the London Pass so we went and it turned out to be AMAZING. 
Seriously folks, I ended up being the slow person at this place because it was so fascinating.
We ended up spending over an hour just touring the boat.
A must see if you go to London!

Scott had to resort to selfies since I was lost somewhere else.

Really folks, would you want dental surgery on a boat?!


And we saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the musical (I think).
It was pretty good.
I'm always in the mood for Les Miserables but my bank account wasn't so we sadly just saw 1 play.

I think the previous pictures covered parts of Tuesday and Wednesday but 
I know for sure this was Thursday.
We went to tour Kensington Palace and hoped to see the royals but we only saw paintings.
Bummer.

The palace is beautiful though.

Scott got a little too comfortable.

So I followed suite.


How about them hips?!

Scott is posing for a statue he eventually wants sculpted...

Yet again we ended up at a war museum and it was amazing again.
Seriously, a must see! This one had the best exhibit we've ever seen on WWI. Scott was kicked out (by me) after an hour. Honestly, if you're going to London the Imperial War Museums are must sees!!


1 comment:

  1. I guess a baby would slide right out if you had hips like that.

    ReplyDelete