Monday, August 25, 2014

Mammoth Lakes for Independence Day!

This year I really wanted to go to a small town for the 4th of July. I wanted to do the parade, go on a hike, eat at the pancake breakfast, see the fireworks, and do whatever other charming things the town held. My sister's family had gone to Lake Shasta one year so we considered that but eventually decided to go to Mammoth Lakes instead. Scott had driven through there but I had never been so it would be new to both of us.
Now if you have followed by blog very closely then you might remember that Jackson and I got back home from Arizona late Wednesday night. I worked Thursday morning and we took off Thursday afternoon. He was NOT pleased to be back in the carseat. However, traveling with Daddy is always fun so it worked out. Moments before this picture Jackson was screaming but Scott got him happy enough again!

Friday was the 4th and we started the day off at the pancake breakfast!

Jackson was a champ and happily ate in his stroller.

We were genius and didn't give him syrup.

It was right to the parade after breakfast. 
Luckily I had put our blanket out early because the good seats went fast!

Tons of people came out to watch the show.

Jackson really wasn't too worried about all the commotion,

He really just wanted my water bottle.
He my little backwasher!

Front row seats! 

Yet again, he's not looking the correct way.


Scott had put his hand on my leg so I put my hand over his.
Then Jackson decided to hold our hands and it was so cute! 

Characters everywhere.

Some girl asked if she could kiss Jackson.
Not sure what that was all about.

RED, WHITE & BLUE!

I don't know who that girl is but she was super cute.
And so's that baby!

Leave it to the firemen to soak the spectators.


We got ice cream afterwards and he loved it!

We went back to the hotel for naps and putting together his bike seat.

We all love the iBert!

I wanted to take a bus up to the lakes but the line was too long so Scott talked me into biking uphill.
About all I can say is that we made it.

It was a beautiful bike ride at least.

We tried to rent a rowboat but they were gone so we taught Jackson to throw rocks instead.
That may be a skill he learns another year...

Twin Lakes!


Mammoth Lakes is so beautiful and I'd love to go back.

Biker gang!




Cutest little dirty face.


Perhaps his favorite part of Friday was playing in the truck bed.
It's the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment