Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

While I have older pictures that I'll post soon I decided to just fast forward to Thanksgiving since it just happened and I already uploaded the pictures.

This year we decided to go up to Oregon to visit Scott's extended family. We assumed his immediate family would follow suite but only his sister's family did. We had a great time! 
We made a leisurely drive up there with a night in Santa Rosa with my sister and then a night in Ashland with some friends. Monday we drove by Crater Lake and it was stunningly beautiful.


This was actually when we exited Jackson County but the sign was across the street from the Crater Lake one we stopped at.





Jackson's first time in the snow.
He thought it was cold but tasty.


For some reason I was really surprised by the cold weather. I thought it would be a mild 50F so I almost didn't bring my own jacket. Luckily I was packing at the same time as Scott and decided to follow his example. If only I had grabbed Jackson's snow jacket that would have been even smarter!

Scott had lots of Jackson time this week.

Wednesday afternoon we went on a hike.

Fred, Teancum and Alison Eldredge 
Scott's sister's family.

Jackson mostly slept through the hike.

I wanted to take a Thanksgiving picture of my turkey but this is how he felt about it.

At least I got his cute bum.

Still not helpful...

Not awesome but the best I could do.

Friday we visited some other friends and their daughter loved Jackson.

Contrary to her upset face she did ask to hold Jackson in his carseat!

I didn't get a picture of the entire Thanksgiving party but we got to spend time with 2 of Scott's aunt's families and it was great. I hadn't really met them since the wedding so it was like meeting them for the first time again. I'm so glad we went to Oregon and that the drive went smoothly. It was such a great week with family.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very jealous. I've been dying to go to Crater Lake. The wet cold of the Northwest always surprises me as well even though I lived there for almost five years.

    ReplyDelete