Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tucson 2013!

And I'm back! I know that my thousands of readers have been wondering where I've been but we went on vacation and quite frankly March was a crazy month so I am remiss in my lapse  However, I'm back and with plenty of events to blog about! 

To start things off I need to go back to January though. Scott and I are hoping to make going out to AZ a tradition and so far we're 2 years in! This year though we had the added bonus of my sister Laura coming to visit as well. She did have an ulterior motive though: as soon as we got there she announced that she had put in her papers to SERVE A MISSION!! Wahoo! In February she got called to serve in the Billings Montana Mission and she's already in the field (as of today)!
Needless to say, we had an awesome weekend.

We started things off with a good round of dress-up.

Scott was an especially good sport.

Parker was happy to be a cupcake.

Macey just wanted to be a pretty dancer.

Saturday afternoon we went to the Titan Missile Museum. It was pretty cool to see. The Cold War seems forever ago and there's so much I don't know about it.

We got there an hour before the next tour so there was more than enough time to read 
every single exhibit and watch all the videos.

Eventually Caleb got to be "in-command". Parker was asked to identify a rotary phone and called it a timer. Kids these days probably don't even really know what a house phone is, forget rotary!

Some of the cutest kids we know!

The girls sure are happy to warm up to Scott.

Caleb is a master pianist and sat down to show us his skills.

We had a little mani/pedi station going Sunday morning. While Maren was painting my toes she told me all about how no one ever lets her paint their nails and she's not sure why. She did a fantastic job and I'm happy to be her reference so if you're looking for some pretty pink nails give her a call!

Laura and her cute little friends. She was headed to the airport and they won't hang out 
again until the end of 2014!

Parker reminiscing about his baby days...

And a cute family picture.

We stayed for Monday and got to help take the kids to school, dr appts, and Scott got a lot of his homework done too! We love visiting our favorite Bain kids.

Until January 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment