Monday, July 2, 2012

Good bye Grandma Hanks


My sweet Grandma Hanks passed away at the end of March and we got to go to Burley. Idaho for the funeral and one last visit.

My mom gave us some books about China and I brought them for my nephews to read since we gave them Terracotta Warriors and they took them to school for show and tell!

My FAVORITE girls: Maren, Hailey, and Macey.
(Aren't those the cutest names too!)

Hailey had lots of help crawling and exploring. 

All the grandson-in-laws waiting for the casket.

The grandsons as pall-bearers. Everyone was able to come except one cousin who was in the midst of graduating, changing jobs, and moving from Wisconsin to Washington. We missed Warren & fam but totally understand! 

Siblings, spouses & grandkids.

My mom and her favorite friends.

Siblings: Louise (#3), Gary(#5), Marie (#2), Gordon (#4), and Carol (#1). 

An awesome photo of one family. Aren't they all totally photogenic?!

Scott was in charge of the boys and somehow they ended up in the tree!

My brother's family.
I know I've said it a hundred times but I still think they're so cute!

Hailey was so friendly and just went from person to person.


This is how I ate lunch. Do you think I had enough help?

Mae & Ted Hanks grandchildren minus 2 who were dearly missed!

Thomas first cousins minus a few.

We had such a good time together. I'm so glad we were able to spend such a fun weekend together. I know it was a funeral but I feel like it was more of a celebration. We took over a hotel in Burley and had such a great time. I'll be posting again about the amazing scenery and other beautiful things we saw up there. I'm going to miss Idaho but hopefully this won't be my last visit!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your grandmother! It won't be your last visit because you still need to come see me!!!:) I think Burley is less than a couple hrs away from me. You are getting closer!!!:) - Ali

    ReplyDelete