Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mid-Week Hike

 The other week I had a random day off so Scott spent the afternoon with me hiking. We went out to Sunol and went on a beautiful hike. It was so fun just to be outside and see the pretty views that nature has to offer. We were going to take the long hike but decided to make it shorter. In the end we were very glad we shortened it since it still took 3 hours and we were potentially lost for the latter half.
Note to self: when going on a hike take an update map, not just an old hiking book!
Here are some pretty pictures:
 
 
 
 
 
 Scott working it for the camera with some very handsome treking poles!

I also have some handsome treking poles although I'm not sure if they helped or hindered. Perhaps a few moments of instruction on how to have them help you would be useful...
 
 We saw cows everywhere which was fun but I was always worried about being trampled. As much as I love the country I am a city girl at heart.

A picture to prove we were there together and made it back to where we started!

This year we've talked about doing a lot of hiking so I hope this isn't my last hiking post!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I mostly remember Sunol being brown, but that's because I remember it more in summer. Your pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty day! I LOVE this time of year in California when everything is green. It only lasts a few weeks, so it's good y'all are taking advantage of it! Today I tried to go running and died of heat after a few miles of swimming in my own sweat... enjoy your beautiful weather :)

    ReplyDelete