Monday, March 5, 2012

When I don't go to work...

this is what I do!

I had some time to kill with my friend Haley so she let me get crafty with her supplies! 
It was actually super easy and fairly quick. Since I know you all want to make one now I'll tell you!

Supplies:
- particle board or some piece of wood cut into whatever size you want
- some batting cut just larger than the board
- fabric that is large enough to fold over the edges and be stapled or glued
- staple gun or glue for the fabric
- nails to hold down the ribbon
- ribbon
- buttons that you'll glue over the nails

Just cover the board with the batting and fabric. I didn't attach the batting, it will just stay with the fabric. I then put on the ribbon with staples (but glue will work). I nailed down the ribbons where they intersected. The will help keep them in place and also give more strength where your paper or pictures will be. Then just glue on as many buttons as you want. I bought my buttons in a pack and there were just the perfect amount but you can put more or less on; whatever you want!
When you're done you can add a big ribbon to hang it by or a wall hanging attachment or anything you want.

What it might look like when used. (I couldn't find any scrap paper but this get's the point across!)

No comments:

Post a Comment