Monday, March 5, 2012

Pres Day & Rush's Bday

We spend President's Day (and last weekend) at my parent's house lifting the Jeep so that some big boys can go 4wheeling. My dad suggested this project when we were doing the roof this summer and Jake and Scott jumped at the opportunity. The lift kits finally arrived and it was time to work.

The morning started with a lot of head scratching and wondering how to get rusted bolts off.

Then there was a lot of group work that was necessary.

Finally things really started to move when Rushton came out to help...

OK, so maybe Rushton wasn't too interested in helping.
He had a great time sitting in a laundry basket with Hailey while Grandma worked!

Break Time!
Dad, Jake, and Scott

Since Rushton's birthday was in the next few days we had a little party for him at dinner.
He was pretty excited to open gifts and less excited to play with them right away.

Since February is a hard word to say he says his birthday is on
"Two Twenty-two!"

And contrary to what you have been assuming, I did not help with lifting the Jeep. I did some babysitting, dish washing, food preparing, napping, photo documenting, and other important activities

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome picture of Hailey! Mom's genius when it comes to quarantining her! You guys had Rush open his presents with a messy face and took a picture of it!? Who's running the house here ;) LOVE the post, MORE pictures!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, this blog theme that you're using actually wants to claim that it's "Cutest Blog on the Block"??? It's a blue square, then white, with Helvetica/Arial text... I don't see the cute part. I'l totally not knocking you - I'm knocking CBOTB. Anyways, great post! I think I'll copy and paste it onto my blog again. :) Thanks for doing all the work for me. It's just so harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I just showed this post to Rushton and he said, "Look! There's Scott! And Bill!" That kid...

    ReplyDelete