Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dynamic Duo: The Saga Continues

I know you've all been wondering how my dad and Scott are doing so I'd be happy to fill you in:

Dad: He had surgery on Sept 14 and 4 screws were placed. The doctor said it was a nice fix. On Monday, Sept 26 he was going downstairs on crutches and his computer bag shifted, causing him to lose his balance and fall. He now has a compression fracture on his right arm. In case you're wondering about the ramifications of that: his right arm is in an immobilizing sling for 3 weeks and then they'll start physical therapy. Yeah, he's not moving very fast anymore. Poor guy.

Scott: He hurt his knee on Sept 10 and sued crutches for about a week but made steady improvements. Since he was walking pretty well and riding his bike to school I thought his lingering limp was just a plea for sympathy. Well, this week he finally got the MRI taken and will be seeing the orthopedic surgeon about his torn ACL, torn lateral meniscus, and lateropostero tibialplateu fracture. Yeah, that's right: he was limping from pain, not for sympathy. Usually you can't walk with this fracture (in fact that's what my dad did 6 years ago) but it's so lateral and posterior that it's not bothering him that much. They were going to make Scott go back on crutches with a leg brace but since he's doing pretty well they'll save that for post-surgery. However, we won't be having surgery until after the Boy Scouts go canoeing next weekend....

If you're wondering how I spend my freetime you can just visit me at the 'Fremont Infirmary' (aka my parent's house).

No comments:

Post a Comment