Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Backyard Garden

This year we planted a garden both at Stanford and in our backyard. My dad's kind of gardening was more high tech and involved more 'Y' connectors then you could imagine so it was nice to just turn on the hose in the backyard and water for a few minutes. Since I had to drive to the Stanford garden Scott and our friends took more care of it than myself... I'll include pictures of that in another post.
We actually shared the garden space with some neighbors so everything from the bricks to the sidewalk is ours. From sidewalk to the fence we had: wild flowers, basil, lettuce, broccoli, watermelon, jalapenos, tomatoes, zucchini.

Here's a more developed shot from the summer. Yes, the watermelon plan originated near the tomatoes but branches migrated all over the garden. I still haven't tried it yet but I'm afraid that it might taste like jalapenos since they are very close together...

Some of our harvest!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Did you just divide the dirt patch in half? I hope you had Scott integrate the sunlight exposure over the path of the sun while dividing up the land for the garden. That would be more reasonable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sort of. The sun exposure was actually fairly even. I think we both had decent harvests. It was fun and much easier than my dad's contraptions.

    ReplyDelete