Monday, September 12, 2011

Dynamic Duo

I know I haven't posted about redoing my parent's roof or getting mountain bikes but here's the result of both activities:
The other night Scott had a Boy Scout court of honor and they both had to gimp around.
My dad broke his heel falling off a ladder (ok, it actually split open on him but who puts the legs of a ladder on two different elevations when there isn't a chain to prevent it from splitting?!?!) and will have surgery Wednesday. It was the one night I couldn't stay to help and my mom wasn't home either. Luckily he was near the garage and could crawl in to where the crutches from his previously broken leg were. He then changed out of his dirty clothes and waited for my mom to come home and take him to the ER. He is one determined dude...
Scott tweeked his knee falling off his bike. He went mountain biking with some guys this weekend and went off the trail within the first 100 yards. Luckily he was able to get up and finish the 10 mile trail before limping upstairs. Needless to say the 'honey do' list I was compiling became my own 'to do' list. I sort of teased him the entire weekend thinking he was being dramatic but since the swelling isn't going down I'm starting to think he might be hurt. I guess we'll know when he visits the doctor tomorrow...
Until then they are quite the dynamic duo and I will continue to love saying "He fell off a ladder and he fell off his bike!"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: