Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grandma Bain's Funeral

Here's my family: Eric, Rushton (belongs to Melissa), Uncle Charlie, Dad, Mom, me, Laura, Melissa

*I didn't realize this didn't post a few weeks ago. Woops!*
Just before leaving for Atlanta my Grandma Bain passed away. While I was growing up she lived in Sacramento and we loved going to visit and swim. She would make us delicious zambozi (a beef and noddle casserole), always had gum, and sometimes even took us to an afternoon movie. She also made us numerous quilts that still keep us warm at night. During high school she came to Fremont to live with us and stayed there until a few years ago when she moved into a care home. She had Alzheimer's for the last 10 years. On the evening of April 17 my parents got a call that she had labored breathing and might be passing. Scott and I met my parents that evening to give my Grandma a sweet blessing and say goodbye. She stayed until Tuesday evening but passed away peacefully. She is missed.
The following Tuesday we had a nice service in Fremont for her and then went up near Sacramento to bury her near my Grandpa Bain. It was especially nice since my brother Eric from AZ and sister Laura from GA came out for the services. We had a great time being together again.


Rushton trying to see what's inside.

My mom giving a very nice eulogy.

My dad and Uncle Charlie, my grandma's only children.

My mom trying to coax Rushton out of the truck.

Oh wait, she was helping him up there. Silly Grandma!


No comments:

Post a Comment