Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birthday Weekend in Monterey

Our birthday weekend was so fun. We left Friday evening and didn't even hit much traffic! We ate dinner at Serevino's Grill in Aptos. They were a competetor at the Clam Chowder Cook-Off but the line was too long and we didn't want to wait. Scott had a delicious bowl of clam chowder and I got equally delicious salmon. The dinner was really nice.
I took this picture at the restaurant (yes, it is in a Best Western) and didn't realize my flash was on. The map was made out of license plates so I thought it was really cool. I like how the map is so bright from the flash.

From there we drove down to Monterey and stayed at a very nice hotel. We never really go anywhere so it was funny to drive some where so close and stay in a hotel. Scott got a good deal and it was our birthdays that week so I couldn't really refuse. Also, we had an awesome time.
We are early risers and woke up long before the Aquarium opened so we went to see the sights of Monterey.
Here is Scott posing in front of the lighthouse. (He actually didn't know I was talking a picture but I think it's funny so I kept it.)

Here I am texting.

We finally got the automatic timer to work so we could take a picture together!

The post-tsunami surf. (Japan's earthquake was the day before so there were still tsunami warning signs up. Scott wanted to go ocean kayaking but I refused. Maybe another weekend...)

Scott trying to talk me into getting close to the water.

It was a beautiful, sunny day in Monterey.
Notice there is nothing to touch in the pool. Sting rays live there but they must have been tired of the kids because they were all hanging out in a corner away from everyone. It was sorta funny.
Feeding time!
We're just happy as a clam!
Tiny seahorses.
The Aquarium was beautiful.

To finish our birthday weekend we rushed home to rotatil the garden and then I beat Scott and the Smith's at Settlers of Catan; much to everyone's shock and dismay.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you WON? I guess it goes to show that 1. you can't take that game too seriously, and 2. it's all luck, strategy and practice don't make a whole lot of difference. Glad you guys had fun and got to get away! Also, Rush and I are watching Cars for about the millionth time. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete