Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Peppermint Crunch Cake

What it was supposed to look like:

What it actually looked like:

So I've become obsessed with peppermint. I'll eat almost anything if it tastes like mint. I saw this cake in the Williams Sonoma magazine and knew I MUST try it. I worked really hard to make it beautiful but luckily it tasted better than it looked. Because of the angle you can't see how lopsided the cake was but this picture will give you a good idea of what I was working with.

**Word to the wise: if you're making a layered cake cut the bottom layer flat so everything lays flat and the frosting won't just slide off.**

2 comments:

  1. this cake was so so good!! Thanks for having us over to enjoy it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum... I would like some of that, please. One question though. Is your version chocolate? It looks like the cake in the Williams-Sonoma pic was chocolate and you're looks like a white cake. Just checking. And man, a 4-layer cake seems ridiculous. Have you seen the 6-layer rainbow cakes that people make? I think Stefanie Petersen made one a few years ago. Crazytown.

    ReplyDelete