Monday, February 21, 2011

China, here we come!

I'll keep this one short and sweet. I found out this morning that my paper was accepted for a conference in Beijing so Cecilie and I will be going. The paper notification date was Feb. 21. I started getting anxious to hear the result yesterday afternoon. My phone was on vibrate during the night. I woke up a little after 4am and saw that I had the email. I saw that my paper was accepted on my phone, but I wanted to double check with the real computer. Cecilie followed me out to the cold living room and we confirmed its acceptance together.

I'm pretty excited. Not only is this a fun excuse to travel, but it also marks my first paper as first author which is a big milestone in my field.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Scott! That's HUGE! I'm excited you get to go to China! And maybe a little jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! When you're big and famous, I'll be able to tell people that we're related. Sounds like lots of good things are set to happen in June. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's really exciting... can we come?? :) Todd will be really jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! We are excited for you guys! You will have so much fun being there together! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete