Saturday, January 1, 2011

Weekly Food Storage



At church each week we get a $7 food storage suggestion. I'm not sure who the originator is but I asked the food storage lady to send me the list so I wouldn't have to worry about missing anything. The idea is to gather food slowly. This plan is 52 weeks long and at the end you have accumulated enough to sustain 2 people for one year. Your storage includes:

500 pounds of wheat
180 pounds of sugar
40 pounds of powdered milk
12 pounds of salt
10 pounds of honey
5 pounds of peanut butter
45 cans of tomato soup
15 cans of cream of mushroom soup
15 cans of cream of chicken soup
24 cans of tuna
21 boxes of macaroni and cheese
500 aspirin
1000 multi-vitamins
6 pounds of yeast
6 pounds of shortening
12 pounds of macaroni

Some weeks may cost less than $7 but save that money for the weeks when you spend more. I'm going to do my best to post what to buy each week. I'm planning to do it on Monday's so you can add it to your weekly list. If you decide to do this then you're responsible for coming up with recipes that we can cook with this food combination!

1 comment:

  1. What about baking soda? It can double as toothpaste. :)

    ReplyDelete