Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Camping #2

I give up! I keep thinking we'll upload our camping pictures and post them but since it still hasn't happened and you all know what we look like I'm going to post pictures of our friends instead!

Some weekend in August we went camping with the Wheelers and Hatchs. The place was Scott's idea and we had a great time. We didn't get to the campsite until about 9pm and it was difficult to find the road but we were glad there was a road so we didn't have to lug our poorly packed gear a half mile up a dark road. After a late meal of hot dogs we broke out the S'mores and made a life changing discovery: the Todd Tuck. The Wheelers brought crescent rolls for breakfast but Todd decided to wrap one around his marshmallow instead. It was perfectly golden and deliciously sweet. Scott then added in the chocolate and we've now decided that it's way better than using Graham crackers. (The Todd Tuck comes from how Todd sealed the marshmallow in. If you invite us camping we're happy to bring the supplies and show you how it works.)

Anyway, the next day we went on a hike to a waterfall into the ocean. Here's some photos:

Taylor and Todd by a cool tree.
Rachel and Westin walking along the trail. (Westin, that's quite the confident swagger...)
Boys doing what they do best: throwing things.
The group: Cecilie & Scott,
Rachel & Westin and Taylor & Todd.

4 comments:

  1. Call me weird for remembering this, but I'm pretty sure Taylor went to the 2000 BYU homecoming dance with the same group I did freshman year. Her date was this kid named Andrew, and I'm pretty sure he was in my FHE group or my home teacher or something. I went with this guy named Brian Ashton - he asked me to the dance by saying that he used to go all out and do crazy cool things when he asked girls to dances, but now he's just lazy, so do I want to go with him? Classic. And super duper romantic. Also, he choked on his food at dinner. It was at the Inn at Temple Square. And that's the end of the story. On a different note, Rushton is VERY good at throwing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Todd Tuck!! I totally forgot about that! Cecilie, such a fun post!
    And Melissa, yes, I am that Taylor! Small world... what is your last name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to set the record straight, we ate these sugary bombs for breakfast (I don't want people to think we gobbled up the Wheeler breakfast for dinner the night before.) Rushton could have used a Todd Style Tuck back in the day. Blowout boy may have never earned his favorite nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, THAT Taylor. :) My new last name is Spurlock. BYU/the Church sure tends to shrink the world. I hope you love the Bay Area! I miss it, especially when it starts snowing and getting FREEZING in Utah...

    ReplyDelete