Sunday, October 10, 2010

Award Winning Dessert

Last Friday our ward had a dessert cook-off for the newly marrieds. Since Scott and I were both busy the day of we turned to my dad's trusty Christmas favorite: Seven Decker Cookies. I swear that he makes this twice a week every year during December. The recipe is easy and results delicious. We got second place but I'll concede that the first place hot fudge was divine.

Here's the recipe of you want to try it:
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1 cube butter, melted
Mix these two together and press into the pan to create a graham cracker crust. Then sprinkle:
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
Pour one container sweetened condensed milk over the layers.
1 cup chopped walnuts
Bake for 25 minutes at 350 (basically until the layers are soft).
Let cool completely and then cut into little squares. The dessert is rich so be careful about biting off more than you can handle!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I'll have to make sure this makes it on the Hanks Family Recipe blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just found your blog. It is so fun to read. But I had to comment on this post because I have eaten these cookies so many times and I never knew that they were your dad's favorites. I always thought that they were a Hanks thing. Haha. Can't wait to have some at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete