Saturday, September 18, 2010

Seattle #1

So on the front page there was a huge article about the World Sand Sculpture Competition taking place that weekend in the city we were staying. We thought it would be a few miles away at the beach but when we walked outside the event parking was across the street! We drove around for a few minutes and finally found the competition in a parking lot. We looked through the fence and this is the most detailed picture I could get.
From the competition we went to Pike's Market and wondered around. There was this man blowing up balloons at the entrance. He had an interesting choice of attire...
There were beautiful flowers for $5! I wish I lived closer and I'd have fresh flowers in my house every week.
Here is a giant squid. The workers at this shop would sing and throw huge fish around every few mintues. They also had a fish hanging off the display that would move every few minutes. I guess there was a string attached and they'd make it move whenever someone got close enough. Yes, it took me a while to catch on...

And since all my pictures didn't load I'll do another post with a few more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment