Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Digs

While Scott was working at school this weekend I cleaned our apartment from top to bottom and then took some pictures to share with you all. I still have more to do so our apartment feels like a home but I think I've made some good progress. I know there are too many pictures but since our apartment is so small I thought I'd show you everything!*

Dining & Living Room (if we have people over for dinner we have to pull out the table so that all the seats can be used!)
This view is from the door and you can see where the bedroom is. I love all the windows!
View from the kitchen table into the kitchen. You can see light reflecting in from a 'back door'. (The door leads to a communal backyard where a garden is being tended to by previous tenants. So much for Scott's grandiose gardening plans...)
Kitchen from the entryway. There's not much storage in the kitchen so we had to buy a rack to put all of our stuff on!
Kitchen from the 'back door'. You now see the entirety of our cupboard and counter top space.
Bedroom view from the kitchen table.
Our bedroom with almost bare walls. I'm working on that...
Entry to the bathroom.
Bathroom. (There is a shower on the other side of the mat.)

I know this post was long and full of too many pictures. Plus, only those who made it to the end can know why I put the * up there! When we had our CA open house my nieces and nephews came over to check out the park across the street. While they were looking around Parker, age 6, asked why we'd own such a small house. I said it was just 2 of us so we didn't need much room. He was really confused since he comes over sometimes and needs more room. We didn't have the heart to explain to him that we're renting...
Last month we had some friends of Scott's over and their 4 year old told us how small our place was again. Who knew!




4 comments:

  1. That is a cute apartment. We had a cute little apartment too when we got married. Oh and btw, am Takyiwah Parcell. The wife of one of Scott's mission companions or something like that. We came to your wedding reception but you probably will not remember or maybe you will. Cos I think I was the only black woman there. lol
    Anyways, I logged on facebook and it said on my homepage that Scott had shared a link and it was your blog. I hope you don't mind me peeking. I am a obsessed with blogging even though am just starting myself. But I always want to find out what is new and what applications others are using on their blogs so that I can use that knowledge to better mine. Anyways, hope you will not be mad if I copy something cool of yours. And feel free to get some ideas from our blog as well.
    I talk too much as you might have realized by now. Have a good day and regards to the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to know you guys have a blog so we can stay in touch. Hope you are enjoying married life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Takyiwah: Thanks so much for commenting! Of course you can follow our blog and we're excited to follow your adventures as well. Thanks so much for coming to our reception and your sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that picture of the toilet. I wasn't sure there for a minute what it might look like, but you really cleared things up for me.

    ReplyDelete